We are Slaves to Righteousness:
- By reminding ourselves we are DEAD to sin (v. 11). ***Sin has no hold on you except that which you give it permission to have.
- By deliberately resisting the reign of sin (v. 12).
- By deliberately offering ourselves to God (v. 13; 12:1) ***Refuse Satan the right to have authority over you.
- By knowing our rights as those united with Christ (v. 14; Gal. 5:1). ***It is our right in Christ to be FREE!
- By not misapplying the doctrine of GRACE (v. 15). ***Salvation is a gift. Holiness is a pursuit.
- By realizing no substitute exists for whole-hearted obedience in our quest to be free from slavery to sin (v. 17). ***This one spoke directly to me!!!
- By facing the weakness of our natural selves (v. 19).
- By acknowledging the ever-increasing nature of wickedness (v. 19).
- By never forgetting the powerless feeling of being out of control (v. 20). (Moms, can I get a HOLLA or Hallelujer?)
- By counting the cost of slavery to sin (v. 21).
- By recognizing the benefit of slavery to God (v. 22; Micah 7:8, 18-19).
***Do the right thing, until your heart feels the right thing.
This was taken from a video session in the bible study I'm currently going through. I felt sick to my stomach while I was watching it because I knew God was dealing directly with me. I want to share this with you in the hopes that God will deal with you where you need dealing. If we are in Christ, we always need a little dealing with.