Monday, April 14, 2008

We're Home

We are home from our very long, but very enjoyable vacation. It seems like we have been gone for a year. Why is it that a week at home goes by like nothing? A week away goes by fast, too, but when you return home it seems as though
you've missed something.....

Eric and I had a wonderful time in St. Augustine. I would recommend a stay at the World Golf Village to anyone! It was worth the time spent listening to the spiel (sp?). Bluegreen Resorts, where we stayed, is a Time-Share of sorts. It doesn't work exactly the same as other time shares, which is a good thing. I think when Eric and I are in better shape, financially, we will probably consider investing in Bluegreen.

We ate at some great restaurants. Italian, Seafood, Mexican......all were excellent. If you are ever in St. Augustine, I would strongly recommend O.C. White's on the intercoastal. It is one of the best seafood places I have ever been to. The Crabby Mahi is incredible!

On Friday, we toured St. Augustine on the Old Town Trolley. It was well worth the money, if you want to see the town. We ate at a great Mexican place for lunch. I love Mexican food. It's probably my favorite thing to eat. We ate on the deck and got to see dolphins swimming in the inter coastal.
It was really neat!

The kids also enjoyed themselves at Grandma's and Pipa's. They had a blast playing in the pool and spending time with Brandon (our nephew). Brandon turned 3 on the 4th and we started our trip by attending his party. Then on Sunday afternoon we went to my cousin's home to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday. It was great to see everyone. We don't get together very often, so it was very nice to be able to go.

All in all, it was a great week. Eric and I actually sang Karaoke at the resort. I never thought I would get him to do that, but he really enjoyed it. We met some really neat people, too.

Well, back to reality. My house is a disaster and I'm hosting a Princess House party this evening. I better get off my duff and get to cleaning!!!

5 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

looks/sounds like you all had fun. i still can't believe that you did karoke!

Unknown said...

Karoke!! How fun! What song did you do? I always ask that!! Glad you could get away and celebrate each other!!!

Melissa said...

We sang Ramblin' Man, Life's a Dance, Front Porch Lookin' In, Swingin' (John Anderson), Breakaway, and Any Man Of Mine....
We got really comfortable with the mike! It was a lot of fun!

gideonmommasita said...

A great way to celebrate 10 years! Josh and I had a day last week of eatin out alone and that in of itself felt like a vacation!

lmrn_ny said...

Glad you had such fun and got some time away for yourselves...We're enjoying more of spring here in upstate NY...beautiful!