Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Pirate's Life

We had a great time on Saturday. We celebrate Michael's 7th birthday. We did a pirate party theme. Boy, it's easy to get carried away with this one! I had so much fun planning everything. We dressed all the guests in pirate gear and tattoos when they arrived. They put Michael's gifts in a treasure chest that we made. We played several fun games. Even the food went along with our whole pirate theme. We had Peasant Fingers (pigs in a blanket), Crunch Cod Fish (goldfish), and Shark's Blood Punch (Hawaiian Punch/Sprite). My sister-in-law even found an awesome treasure chest pinata. At the end of the party we had a treasure hunt and the kids put a map together out of puzzle pieces that we cut and searched for the lost treasure. When they found it, all of the party favors were inside. Michael said he couldn't come up with just one thing that was his favorite part. He said the whole party was AWESOME! I guess we're onto something. Thanks for the encouragement, Robin. You really are my best friend! Love you.

9 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

melissa,
i'm so proud of you. you did GREAT! i agree, it is easy to get carried away. however, it is soooo worth it. your kids get to be 'the most special' for the day...and really, what is better than that? birthday parties are a big tradition in our house...except mine....ummm, wonder why? actually, i don't mind. i'd rather give than receive in this instance.
melissa, i am very thankful for our friendship. my prayer is that both hannah and jacob will have the same type of friendship i have with you.
bff....lol.....u r kool.....
i'm laughing, are you?

CroppinRobin said...

remember that time that we kept going back and forth with comments? that was funny....

CroppinRobin said...

it was funnier when we were both online at the same time and were trying to beat each other by posting the next comment

CroppinRobin said...

it isn't the same with only one person commenting....

CroppinRobin said...

also, this word verification is really a bummer.....
really, what's the point?

Melissa said...

ok, I had to put the word verification on there, because I was getting some weird stuff on my comments from unknown sources....
I did lol at the first commment! I pray the same thing for my kids. oh, and u r kool 2! :)

Josh said...

What is a Pirate's favorite cookie?

Are'reo, of course!

Dee Dee's Diary said...

I tried to get Robin to take me on a Pirate Ship when we had free time at the Women's Retreat...but she wouldn't. Your party sounds like so much fun. The treasure maps and costumes...very cute. U really R cool.

Alex D said...

That sounds like a fun party. I might have to ask my mom to do that for my 21st! It is hard for me to imagine Michael as a 7 year old already. Crazy!