Sunday, December 30, 2007

Strep Stinks!

I have been in bed since Wednesday with Strep Throat! It is not fun. I used to get it all the time when I was young, but having it as an adult is much worse.
Eric has taken over as "mom" and dad. He has been cooking, bathing, and bedding all the kids, as I haven't been able to be around them. Today is the first day I have been outside of the bedroom during the day. We are going to Orlando, this week, for vacation and I am determined to keep the rest of my family healthy. I will be so disappointed if we aren't able to go.
Have you ever had strep throat? Share your stories.....

6 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

John-Thomas had it two years ago and threw up at the onset of it...didn't know until then that it was a symptom. I don't think I've ever had it. I think Stewart had it this year. Antiboitics are a very good thing. Get well soon

Sherry Hayes said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Strep does stink. I waited to the last minute to buy a dress to wear to Lindsay's wedding and came down with strep 6 days before it. I hardly knew I was in the world for a few days. Scott had to take off work and take me to the Dr. It was horrible. I ended up wearing a dress Mom had bought me for Christmas to Lindsay's wedding and all worked out fine. Get well-missed you at church...

Unknown said...

We have had our share of strep for sure. When Jimmy gets it, he gets better after 1 round of antibiotics, then he always gets it again!!!
Take ALL your antibiotics and I hope the kids stay well for your trip. I know you have been looking forward to it!!!

CroppinRobin said...

never had it...hope i never will....hint, hint

Melissa said...

I have all the kids on antibiotics. Eric is the only one who isn't.
Emily and Lauren tested positive for Strep at the doctor today. My doctor wrote a script for Michael as well, just in case.....

Unknown said...

Oh,man! Both girls got it too?? Sorry to hear that. Hope you caught it early enough so that they dont feel to bad! How are you feeling?