Friday, June 22, 2007

What am I doing?

Three kids.......1, 2, 3, it's paradise.......occasionally. Don't get me wrong, I love my children. I have a tick that creeps up on me at about 7:30 p.m. every night.....just before they hit the hay. Then it's usually, "MOM!!!" I'm changing my name. I'm going to change it to something NO ONE knows. Not really..........I do adore my offspring. They are so funny. Tonight, Emily, my baby, kept telling me how cute she is. She's almost 2 and very stubborn. It's my husband's genes that contributed to that!!!
Michael, my oldest is six, and he loves for mommy to sing to him. Tonight, I sang "Jehovah, Jireh", which my mom used to sing to me. I used to love that song when she would sing it. However, Michael informed me this was not a goodnight song. I said, "You don't like this song?" He replied, "Yes, I like it, just not right before bed." So, of course, I started clapping and stomping as I sang the song again. He just giggled. I adore that boy. He was my first. The "Guinea Pig." If he ends up normal, it will only be by the grace of God.
Then there's Lauren. What can I say about my "mini-me." She is three and a half and must dress herself. I don't dare try to pick out clothes for her. Today, I slightly suggested she shouldn't dig her dirty skort out of the hamper and she proceeded to protest very loudly for about 20 minutes. She got over it and actually got dressed in something else!!! Shocking! I think her daddy talked her into it.
Speaking of him, "daddy", my spouse of 9+ years, Eric.......if he ends up normal it will only be by the grace of God!!! He is married to me and has been renovating our home for about 2 years. He is a pastor and he takes care of dying chickens. Let me explain. Yesterday, I heard one of our six chickens (I told you it was paradise!) clucking and looked out the door. She was up on our deck and she seemed a bit distraught. I glanced up at something and realized there were 2 dogs in our yard! "This is not going to be good", I thought. I went outside and noticed one of the dogs eating something. Long story short, it was a bloody massacre!( I can just hear Desmond from Lost saying that!) All of our chickens survived, but one. Michael called her beautiful. Daddy and he had to take care of that today. Eric tried to keep the method of her euthanization from me, but Michael was all too eager to share.......just before lunch. See, I have this problem with association. If something gross is being discussed while I'm eating, my food becomes the gross thing and I can't eat. I will leave the rest of Beautiful's demise to your imagination.
So, this is my life......in a nutshell. My best friend, Robin, would say, "This kind of stuff only happens to you." It seems that way, at times, but I'm sure others have unique parenting, marriage, and otherwise stories............I'd love to hear them............

Melissa

4 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

Love it....
Do you like Clark shoes???

CroppinRobin said...

So...do you like Clark shoes or not?

Melissa said...

yeah, but I don't know why, I don't know why?????????

Melissa said...

wait, yeah, yeah, I do like 'em, but only when I get a slick deal.....