Friday, July 4, 2008

Dependent Independence

Today is the 4th of July. I'm more thankful than I can type to be living in a country where my family can read the Bible and carry it out in public without being arrested. I'm forever grateful for my freedom to share Jesus with the cashier at Publix. Did you know we can have a church service that lifts up the name of our Savior down at the waterfront on any given day? These are a few of the things that come to my mind when I think of Independence Day. I could go on and on, but I will keep this short and to the point. Our liberty depends on someone else's sacrifice. Our Independence is dependent on our soldiers' willingness to keep fighting. Please remember, as you watch the fireworks this evening, the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air. Someone died in that fire for your freedom. America Bless God

1 comment:

Lula! said...

So true...so true...
We have much to be thankful for, as Americans and children of the Most High.