Friday, January 18, 2008

Girls Night Out!


It feels like I was just 18 years old. I met Eric when I was eighteen. I graduated from high school when I was eighteen. A lot has happened and changed in my life in the last 14 years. Yesterday, Kayla, a close family/church friend, celebrated her 18th year of life. She has been counting down the days for sometime now. I, along with some other close friends from our church, decided to surprise Kayla and take her out on the town for her birthday. We went to The Outback and saw the movie, Enchanted. The waitress at The Outback, mistook me for the girls' mother! I quickly corrected her......The nerve of some people....:) I would be proud to be the mother of any of these girls. They are a classy, top notch group of young women, who love Jesus. They actually remind me of three others girls I knew before I got married......Melissa Melba(Kayla), Robin Faulkner (Amy), and Kristie Collins (Kristin). It's actually kind of frightening the similarities between these ladies. Three close, Christian friends who are creating lots of memories to look back on fondly. I would claim these girls as my daughters any day of the week! Even if I was only 12 when the first was born.......

6 comments:

gideonmommasita said...

ah...back in the day, it was Gloria, Jenette, Tavia, Kathy and I. Movies and a chik flick how nice.

CroppinRobin said...

how much fun. at least you were invited to go with them, you must not be that OLD. You must have been 'Wendy' or 'Angela'

Melissa said...

Right, age-wise, probably Angela, but style-wise, totally Wendy!

Dee Dee's Diary said...

So which girl is which...the names don't tell me....starting from L to R....who is Melissa...who is Robin and who is Kristie?
I still keep in touch with one of my HIGH SCHOOL buddies...Valerie...and still keep in touch (writing) with a Grade School buddy...but I am so thankful you guys have remained close. It has been a blessing for me to see you grow into such NEAT Women...and I CAN call one of you mine. LOL

Melissa said...

Yellow shirt, Amy(Robin), Blue shirt, Kristin(Kristie), Green shirt, Kayla(Melissa), Brown Shirt Melissa(Angela/Wendy) :)

Dee Dee's Diary said...

You should plan a Robin,Amy, Kristie, Kristin, Melissa, Kayla get together.