Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Woe Is Me....

Well, I only lost a pound! I checked my weight 2 days ago and I was down 2 pounds, but I ate Sonny's Pulled Pork with fries yesterday. I know I'm retaining water from that. At least, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

I am not in despair, however. I am taking this journey one day at a time and that's that! I haven't started exercising yet. Blogging is taking up too much of my time. I bought a "Dancing With The Stars" workout DVD.....where did I put that?

"Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a (wo)man of unclean lips." (Isaiah 6:5). My title describes my spiritual condition more that my physical. God has been dealing with me lately on my temper. Yesterday was a rough day. I had to deal with a customer service rep from a certain Satellite TV company and I lost it. My devotion from "My Utmost For His Highest," said it all. The following is a direct quote from Oswald Chambers. "A person will easily say, "Oh yes, I know I am a sinner," but when he comes into the presence of God he cannot get away with such a broad and indefinite statement. Our conviction is focused on our specific sin, and we realize, as Isaiah did, what we really are. This is always the sign that a person is in the presence of God. There is never any vague sense of sin, but a focusing on the concentration of sin in some specific, personal area of life. God begins by convicting us of the very thing to which His Spirit has directed our mind’s attention."
This spoke very clearly to me. I am in a rut of sin. It's a habitual cycle that just keeps going 'round and 'round. I feel undone by my sin. It hinders so many of the blessings of ministry and life in general. I'm not, by any means, saying I have to be perfect. There is no such thing in the human life. I am, however, talking about straining towards the goal, constantly. Yeah, I can do that. "I can do all things through Christ" (Phil. 4 :13). I can lose weight. I can stop swearing and losing my temper. I can love my husband and children more. It doesn't say "some things", it says "all things." To God be the glory! Pressing on....................Melissa

2 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

Great entry...and very vulnerable. I read that devotion yesterday and was convicted also.

Anonymous said...

Slow and steady wins the race....