Sunday, July 15, 2007

God is Good......

Wow, what an annointed service we had at church today. We truly met with the Lord. I know, I know, this should be happening every Sunday, but let's be real folks, it don't always happen. I can usually take something from any church service I attend, but today was different. There was such a unity in the body today. Our students testified about camp and at the end of the service, just like every Sunday, Eric gave an invitation. We had so many of our church members come forward, there was barely any room left to stand. It was awesome. Most people just needed prayer, but one of our students is feeling God's call on his life to enter the ministry. He gave a challenge to our adults today that I think really got some people stirring!!! He challenged the adults to step forward and serve the Lord. God spoke through Kyle today. He spoke through everyone today. I love Jesus and I know camp just ended and we are all excited, but it is my prayer to remain STEADFAST!!!! I gotta give props to Jeff Stockdale for that one. He is the youth pastor in Starke, FL and they have a truly wonderful student ministry going on over there. I hope they don't mind if we take notes.
My flesh is crawling, at times, to return to the worldly things that so easily entangle me, but I just keep praying the Lord will make me aware so that I will rebuke the temptations. I know I can do all things through Christ. It's Him anyway, not me.
Kayla, Kyle's sister, said to me today, "I'm so proud of Kyle." I said, "It's not Kyle, it Jesus. He's speaking through him." He is the one in us that is good. There is nothing naturally good in us. I love that Jesus is the one who brings out the good!!!
We are going to be in Daytona in a couple of weeks. Please pray for our students to prepare their hearts for a move of God.
We need to bust the church doors wide open and get out into Bardin and share because we love Jesus. That's what should motivate us. I really believe, if we don't tell others about Him we don't really love Him. Can I say that? It's true. We talk about the things we love. We talk about the things we like. Do we talk about Jesus, then? What are we afraid of? Rejection? What about the rejection of souls when they reach the end of this life? Are we afraid of that? We should be. I heard this week, there are only 3 things that are eterenal: God, The Word of God, and the souls of men. The extent to which you are involved in these 3 things now is the extent you will be involved in eternity. How well do you know God? How well do you know the Word of God? How's your soul winning? Mine is not good. I have to ask myself, do I really know God or His Word? If I did, I would be doing a lot more soul winning. Did you know that you can be child of God, without being a servant? Jesus didn't come to be served but to serve. If we are going to be one of His children, then we should be serving.
Thank you Lord, and I pray for Your help as I look to serve You each and every day of my life.
Love you all............Melissa

1 comment:

CroppinRobin said...

Very well said. I could 'hear' the conviction in your voice.